racing

Another one in USA.

Postby geeeboy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:40 am

Hi guy's.
Englishman living in MI
Started building my own creation based on a suzuki rf 900 power plant and the front end from a Blaster. It was supposed to be a junkyard wars special on a minimal budget selling the rest of the machines to finance the parts that I needed to finish the buggy. Well now I can't bring myself to cut any corners and make it look like a piece of junk. So one of my latest purchases included a set of plans for a piranha.
I understand that these are aimed at the DIY enthusiast, but I just don't believe in using sq section for any memeber of the frame.
And due to the fact that I have acces to cnc benders, I would love to eliminate about half the joints from the construction, and just bend it up out of a single section. There is nothing nicer than a tight radius mandrel bend and of course it is very strong.
If anyone would be interested in some prebent sections, I would be glad to get the feedback.
Cheers Graham.W.
geeeboy
Registered Member

Postby Benulis55 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:27 am

hey Bart and Rico

Im from Pa as well

I seem to be in the middle of you two. I live about 4 miles from Pottsville...home of Yuengling Brewery.

anyway

All 3 of us have a build underway

When we finish we surely should get together...somewhere in between so none of us have to travel more than 2-3 hours

good luck on the builds!

Paul
Benulis55
Registered Member

Postby Azeriksis » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:54 pm

I would enjoy a get together of buggys so count me in when our buggys are done.

Rico
Azeriksis
Raven

piranah

Postby driller » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:46 pm

well gentelmen i live in central california used to live in ashtabula ohio moved out here 16 yrs ago and love it anyways i ordered the piranaha recieved it in good time tottal to build it and have tony deliver it i think was like 2 months not bad :) i put a honda 929 in it so far i have replaced the front and back shocks with fox rebuilt the front a arms out of 11/8 dom rolled steel rearanged the front shocks out further on the a arms (closer to the tires) if your gonna do jumps or the terrain is ruff the front end won't hold up trust me i have been hitting the sand dunes pritty good the rest of the rail is holding up great built really well and parts were here in i would say a week they sent the wrong steering shaft. opps sh#t happens. i took there advise and turned the bear claws around and theres no sand dune around i cant climb (so far). great idea saved me lots of money on paddles.will try to get pics of it on site here.havent powered coated it yet waiting to get all the bugs out.
I don't mind dying I just don't want to be there when it happen's
piranha,1397 busa,700 raptor with nos.
driller
Fun Kart

Postby bart » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:57 am

When we get our buggies done would be great to get together and roast some dirt... :D
waiting for winter to end to get back to work on mine
no heat in the shop kind of cold to work in.
welder's do it with bigger rod's
bart
Registered Member

Postby guitarace » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:34 pm

Hey guy, just poking my head in. I hale from PA too. Am currently waiting for 'CUDA plans as my Sidewinder was flattened by a tree during a snow storm.
guitarace
Registered Member

sidewinder

Postby ccmongo » Thu May 31, 2007 1:32 pm

hey guitarace,
you looking to get rid of any pieces to the sidewinder you had?

i have been trying to find a buggy for cheap that needs some work but so far nothing, edge is the best i have found for price. im not exactly rich as of right now but i have mothing else to spend money on :P (im 18 and the time is runing out for me to blow my money on toys :P )
ccmongo
Registered Member

Postby poochdaddy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:19 am

time never runs out to blow your money on toys :twisted: if your not spending it on toys then your spending it on something that you will have nothing to show for
dumb ass people like me, make all you guys even smarter!!!!!!
poochdaddy
Raven

Postby Sean (Foggy) Leggett » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:49 am

You boys have been pretty quiet! :D Hows the builds going??
Cheers,
Foggy
ZX14 powered CudaX Image

Sold!!!!!
http://www.dreeme.com
http://www.seqmbc.com
Sean (Foggy) Leggett
Piranha

Postby poochdaddy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:51 am

wife had another kid 2 months ago waiting for her to go back to work and for my house to go away so i can afford to buy the steel and a welder then i figure let the sparks fly brother.
dumb ass people like me, make all you guys even smarter!!!!!!
poochdaddy
Raven

Postby fastguy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:42 pm

hey

we have drag races at the dunes and on the beach

we have the score baja 500 & 1000

we have clubs that race also
fastguy
Fun Kart

Re: Another one in USA.

Postby achurch43 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:00 pm

geeeboy wrote:Hi guy's.
Englishman living in MI
Started building my own creation based on a suzuki rf 900 power plant and the front end from a Blaster. It was supposed to be a junkyard wars special on a minimal budget selling the rest of the machines to finance the parts that I needed to finish the buggy. Well now I can't bring myself to cut any corners and make it look like a piece of junk. So one of my latest purchases included a set of plans for a piranha.
I understand that these are aimed at the DIY enthusiast, but I just don't believe in using sq section for any memeber of the frame.
And due to the fact that I have acces to cnc benders, I would love to eliminate about half the joints from the construction, and just bend it up out of a single section. There is nothing nicer than a tight radius mandrel bend and of course it is very strong.
If anyone would be interested in some prebent sections, I would be glad to get the feedback.
Cheers Graham.W.

Hey im from michigan as well and was wondering if these pre bents are going to cost more than doing it myself. email info to: tonychurch50@yahoo.com
achurch43
Registered Member

Previous

Return to USA